More than 300 artists, arts managers, and arts supporters will come together in Evanston, Illinois this fall for the biennial One State Together in the Arts conference. Co-convened by Arts Alliance Illinois and the Illinois Arts Council Agency, One State is the only statewide, multidisciplinary conference for arts leaders and practitioners in Illinois. Since 1999, One State has served as a forum for creative professionals and arts passionate people from across the state to come together to network with peers, discover resources, and gain new insights.
- Keynote presentation and nine “TED-style” talks from dynamic thought-leaders
- Interactive breakout sessions
- Performances and art-making experiences
- Local arts tours
- Networking opportunities
2015 Conference Theme: FLOURISH
At One State 2015, we’ll explore how artists, community builders, and social entrepreneurs are engaging in creative activity to promote positive change on personal, community, and global levels. Our presenters will speak to the following ideas:
- How is creative expression essential for individuals to flourish and understand each other?
- How does nourishing creativity help communities, large and small, to strengthen identity and to flourish?
- How do the arts in full flourish connect Illinois to our global community?
One State offers a platform for dialogue and cross-sector partnership. Together, we will explore how we can collaborate to ensure that the arts are leading the way toward a more equitable, unified, and livable society. How do we collectively communicate the real impact and value of the arts?
2015 Conference Co-Chairs
One State attracts 300+ Illinois leaders and practitioners in the non-profit and commercial arts sector, as well as representatives of other related sectors including rural and urban planning, community development, parks and recreation, tourism, higher education, municipal government, and more.